• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Panfishing Reports and Walleye Action

It's been a few days since the last reports, so I figured we needed an update. The snow is really feeling the affects of the sunshine we've had the last couple of days. So travel on the lakes is getting a little better. Most anglers have been out chasing sunfish. Nisswa lake sounds like it has been going pretty good. Crappie activity is starting to pick up as well. It is mostly an evening bite but as its getting warmer the day bite is starting to pick up. The best crappie lakes have been Cullen, Margaret, Mission, and the Gull Chain. Look for the crappies to start heading towards their staging areas near spawning grounds. Sometimes this time of the year they'll be only a short distance below the ice. The perch action has been decent on Mille Lacs but it is a big lake and the action has been scattered. Just start drilling holes until you find them.

We made our first open water trip of the season last week. The warm temps in SD have opened up the Missouri river below the tailraces. Thursday was great we ended boating 20 nice walleyes on jigs and minnows. The fish size out there is just awesome this year, lots of 15-19 inch fish. Now we are keeping an eye on the Rainy River up north. It sounds like some open water is starting to show up up-river. If we get a little help from mother nature we could be fishing up there in less than a couple of weeks.

The bait shop is starting to shape up as we are starting on some remodeling. Starting on the new bait tanks today. The new 2007 fishing tackle is coming each day and it won't be long until that is up on the shelves. It is a busy time of the year, so I better get my butt back to work.

Jason Erlandson