Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
youngie22

web cam

8 posts in this topic

any of you outgoing, electro savvy, technical guys want to mount a few web cams along the shore and up the mouths of the streams. that way I can have the deisel idling rods and reels ready for the ice to break free and come down those streams. oh yeah, maybe a good digital thermometer for the water temps near the cameras would be great too. I got about 20 or 30 bucks for ya to help out in the expenses. thanx for the help let us know when you get it all set up and online!!! If there is already something like this, the website address would be great! grin.gifgrin.gifwink.gif

There is one by the Aerial Bridge; there you can at least see the mouth of the harbor.

Google Webcam Duluth Marine museum

sweet, I was just kind of joking, but sense theirs one, they could put one near the french, temprance, and say the baptism too. thnx tough, I'll check that out.

try using google earth to view the shore. I don't know much about it but if it's in realtime you should be able to make out ice from open water i would think.

Go to minnecam.com. It has web cams for the whole state 4 of which are in Duluth.

Cool site Orlip.

Didn't see any N'shore rivers though. smirk.gif

youngie22, keep checking in, when the rivers open I'm sure someone will speak up. Pray for rain.

GOOGLE Earth is awesome as it is, but its not real time. frown.gif They periodically take sectional pictures and patch them together. One section can and will be bordered by others taken during different seasons and weather conditions.

I still dig it though. cool.gif

The guys at FM will be your most reliable asset!

Wanderer

I live on the vermillion river in Hastings, (awesome little stream). Watching it rage w/ snow melt made me get even more excited for the shore. What a "flash" snow melt the last few days. THe waterfalls down here look really cool w/ all this whater. Don't think the brownies in there no what is going on. THanx far that info on the cameras; had no clue those were there. I think google earth isn't very real time, would be interested in nowing what tyoe of cycles they might run. Gotta get out, need some trout!