Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TRZ

Ice Fishing!

8 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone still ice fishes on the river, or if everyone just spends time "california dream'in" about open water. if anyone has wet a line are they biting at all yet. i know a few years ago when the bite was terrible the hit well late ice.

Heck yeah! I will be out there this afternoon!

Tell us how it went!! how much ice is out there.. its gotta be losing ice a bit faster with all the snow that is melting.. picking up the current..

There is still 30" of ice out there 10 yards from shore. getting through the water and up on to the edge of the ice along the shore line is the tricky part. Studs and chains on my ATV should still work. the river has gone up about a foot and that has caused the edges to start eroding. mad.gif

Hunt4food....Have you been one of the guys fishing across from Sunnyside marina.Ive seen a steady crowd over there for the last two weeks.The ice under the Stillwater bridge is starting to open up now,I hope we get a little more cold weather or my yard is gonna take a beatin when I pull my boat out.Sounds like a plank or waders is gonna be needed for fishing this weekend.

i guess it has been too cold for you guys to ice fish, maybe you guys will have some reports when you can get out in your boat and it is 80 degrees. i really miss those reports. confused.gif

Was out on the river when I was back in hudson last week. Crappie fishing has been real good to us this year when we took time to try. But.. my recent(friday)outing sucked as we couldn't find the constinent biting slabs that we had found all year. It was nice though didn't see another soul out there and it was almost t-shirt weather. Still a good 16" all the way across for anyone who still might venture out. Good Luck.

Croixeyes,

That spot has been getting pounded this year. I don't really remember anyone on it last year or for that matter before? Day after day people are on that spot. Can't say I know how to access that spot safely, about two weeks ago they were driving to it though.

Keep Catchin'

Turk