Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wmn luv me walleye fearme

Irene

4 posts in this topic

Bought a cabin on Irene. (actually splitting the place with my step dad who is retiring there and will be living there full time) Never have fished the lake just looked at the dnr report. Just was looking to get any advice on the lake. (good crappies, walleye, bass etc)

Thanks a lot

Used to be a really good crappie/panfish lake for both size and numbers. Haven't fished them for a while on there so i don't know how good it is anymore. Heard rumors though that it got overfished/harvested for a few years. Good population of bass. Haven't caught many giants on it though. Not a ton of walleyes but they can be caught. Usually pretty good size w/them. Nice small little lake with lots of different options for fish species and different fishing styles. Right next to miltona also.

I've heard that the lake association and DNR has stepped up it's stocking efforts in an attempt to get the walleye population jump started again.

Still good panfish if you find them.

The panfish are or have been over fished and it was a very good lake. It still is a good panfish lake just