Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DCF

QUESTIONS ABOUT HOWA RIFLES

2 posts in this topic

What can anyone tell me about Howa rifles. Looking at a varmit gun, a 22-250 or 243??? Prices are reasonable, but sound like a good gun. Are they as good as the big name brands.

Howa took over the Smith and Wesson patents for the model 1500 and some others. I have a 1500 in .243 and like it for a varmint-deer gun. There are a lot of nice guns out there. They hold their resale well, so reselling if you don't like it is not a big problem. Brent

Oh yeah, also had a mod 1500 in .222 for a while, traded it for a .223 for cheaper ammo. The .222 was a nice shooting rifle, had the S&W name on it.