Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Hatchman9

How are we looking?

Hatchman9    0
Hatchman9

Coming up Wednesday with my father-in-law. His first trip to Red. Was up in early Feb and the deeper water was producing for me. Is deep (13+) still a good bet. I always go out of Hillman's. How's the roads/bridges. I'm guessing travel cross country should be alright with melted snowpack.

Random guy    1
Random guy

As of today cross country travel was ok with a 4x4 although watch out for old fishouse banks and road banks, they'll get ya.

As for the fish they seem scattered, some groups that are willing to move around and find active fish are having great luck, ones that plop and never move are having slower luck.

Today myself, huntingislife and his gal drilled a bunch of holes across the lake and found them in both 12' and 9' of water.

Hatchman9    0
Hatchman9

Jon, thanks for reply.

hanson    1
hanson

Off road travel is getting better. The snow is melting and settling down big time! I was all over off road in my GMC Sierra and didn't get stuck once! smile.gif Busting through the plow banks to get "off road" is where the fun is at though.

Hillman's Rd was in really good shape when I left Monday morning. With the snow melting, it was almost as smooth as glass Sunday night. Was definitely starting to get sloppy near shore but nothing to worry about yet.

ducksnbucks    9
ducksnbucks

Travel was good if you didn't mind the water. Went off the roads and on the roads. The roads were constant water and the rest was water patches with snow. We went anywhere (except where the slabs were) without getting stuck. Its wet.

cookie129    180
cookie129

Try fishing where you would get stuck?

cookie129    180
cookie129

The spot I fished monday was where I got stuck. 7 crappies and then I missed one and that was the end of that. He must of told his buddies as I never caught another one

Borch    313
Borch

Now that getting stuck bite has me wondering.

Are the fish there because or rough ice, cracks, ridges or drifts that people tend to get stuck in?

Or could it be the tires spinning, engine racing, driver cussing and shovel banging on the ice?

The world may never know. wink.gif

LABS4ME    0
LABS4ME

Quote:

Or could it be the tires spinning, engine racing, driver cussing and shovel banging on the ice?

The world may never know.
wink.gif

Or we can just ask Paul W.....

Good Luck!

Ken

Paul Waldowski    0
Paul Waldowski

WOW!!!! Isn't that ever going to die blush.gifwink.gif

Guess it makes sense tho.....as I have always gotten at least a couple every time I have been up there grin.gif

kelly-p    283
kelly-p

One thing that we are going to have to watch closely this year is the shoreline. The lake is about 2 feet low so there is about 2 feet less of ice over the sandbars and the ground heat. Also here on the eastern shore most of that shallow area froze up as white slush a foot to a foot and 1/2 deep. We'll still have 30+ inches of good ice out in the lake when the shoreline breaks up. frown.gif

Mike L    0
Mike L

after last weekend's warmth, the ice on edges of the Red Lake River is already rotting. Water levels are 'way the heck down this year, and what's brown is sucking up the heat big time.

As an aside, check out the station wagon pic at kroxam.com

Sucker lit about 500 feet from my river shack. After topping a coupla trees this morning. frown.gif

Jimmy from Cottage Grove    0
Jimmy from Cottage Grove

So when you guys go out and start punching holes everywhere how far apart do you drill between the holes? Last weekend we drilled about 50 feet apart is that too much?

Borch    313
Borch

It depends on where we're drilling. If an area looks really good(Lots of rough dirty ice) I may drill one every 15 yards or so. Otherwise I'm spreading them out a bit more in the 20-30 yard range. I'm just trying to get close to the school. If I pick up a straggler then I make swiss cheese in a smaller area trying to find his buddies. laugh.gif