Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaBigDog

Last Hole Drilled

7 posts in this topic

It is with a heavy heart that I must tell you all that we have lost one of the good ones. I lost my hero, my Dad, three weeks ago to the ravages of time. One of the things he loved to do most in life was ice fish, especially on Mille Lacs. I will always remember the look on his face whenever he speared a monster Northern, or pulled a 15" perch through the hole. How his eyes would light up, like a kid at Christmas. We even had his spear and a sucker minnow at the wake. Whenever anyone would ask the inevitable "Why the big sucker minnow and spear?" one of us "boys" would eagerly tell them because "Dad always said, you can't catch a big fish, with a little bait!" He was greatly loved, and will be truly missed. If I can be half the man to my children that my Dad was to all of us, I will consider my life a success.

He was a true outdoorsman. I hope the great angler in the sky enjoys his new fishing partner.

My prayers go out to you and your family...

I hope he's watching one glide into the hole right now.

Blessings to you and your family in this time of loss.

Prayers and thoughts go out to your entire Family. Take care!!

My Dad is the same way, and I treasure the times when we get out fishing.

It looks like he passed on a great legacy to you and your family. Keep your lines in the water and a spear in your hand. He would be proud of your comments here. Prayers are with you.

Keep those memories with you always,they sound like great ones.Lets all pull a perch for the old boy!Prayers sent from the lakes area.

DaBigDog,

An old fisherman going way back used to say this all the time. Even sort of sang it.

I pray that I may live to fish.......

Until my dying day.

And when it comes to my last cast,

I then most humbly pray:

When in the Lord's great landing net

And peacefully asleep

That in His mercy I be judged

Big enough to keep.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm with you if we can be just half of the gents that raised us our families and the world would be a much better place. God bless.