Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beeonkey

Any Ice at the landing at Alma

9 posts in this topic

I will be coming down next week to fish and just wanted to know what boat I will want to be in. Do you have to slide across any ice or not. I grew up down there my folks live just above the dam but dad doesn't get out much unless I kick the easy chair. I need to rely on all you good FMers. cool.gif

Hey Beeonkey, Any relation to Chuck Bianchi of Mountain Iron, Bloomington and Lake Vermilion fame?

See last post under Wabasha dam. The river side part of the dock is wide open and the inland one should also be open by this weekend.

Yep Capt. Quicksteel he is a very close relitive. He and my dad grew up together on the range.

How do you know him?

He and I are neighbors up on Vermilion. I just talked to him by phone last night from his place in Florida. I recognized your Beeonkey moniker from his sign in our driveway. Great family, they make summer at the lake just that much more fun. If you are coming down sometime in the off season and need someone to go down to the river, give me a call. By the way, guys our age don't like it much when our smartass kids come home and kick our easy chairs!!!!

Which side east or west by George's place? I didn't make it to Vermillion last summer to see them, and I only live in Hermantown. We spent too much time in Namakan. I love Vermillion smile.gif

I'm between George and Chuck, it's Larson's old place. We had an island up on Sand Point. When they made the park, they confiscated it by eminent domain with a 25 year lease. About 10 years ago we realized that we needed to plan for a replacement and we lucked into Larson's place. I never thought I could love anything as much as that island but Vermilion is as good as it gets. Maybe we'll run into each other up there some time.....

I'm the one that Chuck asked if he could park a RV at your place. My dad almost bought that place ya know. I can still remember the days with Larson's boy's running the 6 horses on little fishing boats out and around the little island out front of your place. That was only about 1970-71 it's just like yesterday. The old diving doard off uncle Danny's dock. Man memories..... smirk.gif

I am heading south to see my dad and fish the old river. I guess my dad went over and looked at the landing and its good. The gates are opening and water clouding up a bit, it should be good.

If you had a place on Sandpoint you can give me some good hot spots for up there. We have been fishing Namakan hard by hammer bay alot and done well all late summer. I know there are more spots to fish than there.

We'll have to talk when it gets closer. I'll give Chuck a map with some areas marked on it. We mainly fished for walleyes in the east end of Namakan and upper Sand Point. It's a great fishery and the slot limit just made it better. Small mouth fishing is good all over the system too....