Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brandones

Looper fishing for dummies

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I'm in Duluth for school, and want to try my hand at catching some loopers from shore once the ice is gone. Anyone willing to share some tried and true methods with me? I'd appreciate any advice I could get... I'd like to try anything; casting, slip-bobbing, fly fishing... I've done my share of fishing, but this is a new species for me.

brandones, welcome aboard. Maybe one the the mods will throw up the looper how to post from last year.

Do a search for Stfcatfish's Looper post from a few years ago. It has everything you need to know.

brandones, welcome to FM. Great to have you here. cool.gif

Northlander, wake up. It's been stickied to the top of the board since about 5:30 p.m. I know, you've been addled by dreams of open water walleye fishing on the river. grin.gif

Thanks for posting that, stfcatfish. That's a lot of great advice! Now, any predictions as to when and where I can put all those tips to use? wink.gif

Yep, fish the shore near the Lester as soon as there's open water there.

Thanks, stf. I'm looking forward to giving it a try!

There will be open water at the french sooner and likely to be a few more fish. Fish have been coming from various spots along the shore for months now. Just gotta be there and git er done.

Yeah, matt, thanks for that. I'd meant to say the French, and the Lester is what came out. Yikes! The French is much more productive than the Lester. Doh! Good catch, matt. blush.gif