Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glenn57

in need of fishin report

5 posts in this topic

headed up tis weekend, what are the fish doing? hows gettin around on the lakes. going to go out of highbanks.are they deep or shallow.

glenn,

fished winni on friday out of highbanks. we went out to about 30 fow and did decent. Spent about 3 hrs on the lake and kept 10 nice size perch. could have kept a couple more but was looking at just keeping the nicer ones. Did not get into water any shallower than 20'.Most of our success was in 28-31'. Travel on the lake was good. You can get around everywhere with a 4x4. Highbanks also had a really nice road.

With the warmer weather you guys are starting to get i would think the fish would be in shallower this weekend. I would not start deep this next weekend. I would fish shallow and work out deep. Just my two cents

our group is headed up this wknd too,staying at nodaks,but sounds like we'll be heading out of highbanks,ice ridges?happy hunting cool.gif

Here's the latest...weekend temperatures were ranging in the low 50's. The snow cover on the lake is melting quickly. The initial 1/4 mile on our road is wet and sloppy, but past that it is clear. Many successful groups were coming in from Perch Bar. Hitting it either right on top of the bar in 21 fow or directly at the bottom of the break in 30 fow (nothing going on the break itself). We'll give you a copy of the map for our roads at the time that you check in to the lodge. See ya this weekend!!

highbanks thanks for the report, should be there bight and early friday am.