Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glenn57

lake conditions

9 posts in this topic

headed up this coming weekend, hows the fishin? how about gettin around the lakes. thinkin of fishin winnie, cutfoot, bowstring.

Was on Bowstring friday and saturday fishing was slow friday and plane dead on saturday out infront of access,snow in down good and everyone was travling around the lake with pickup.Depending on where you drill you can just make it through with out a extenion but would have one with.

Glenn, my group decided to fish Rainy Lake this entire past weekend.....I didn't make it up to the cabin and fish. Rainy Lake fishing was slow on Sat and a little better on Sunday. Got some eyes, saugers, perch and other "bonus" fish. From a weather perspective, it was a great weekend to be out on the ice.

This weekend is still undecided (as I scribe this message) as to where I will be fishing. I have some people interested in heading up to URL and LOWs for the entire weekened and others that would prefer to fish more "locally". If we are going to be local and stay at the cabin, I'll let you know.

Regardless, on one of the days, I would try hitting Cut Foot for crappies.....search and look in McAvity Bay (deep water) for suspended schools and/or try searching straight out from Narrows public access in 28-30 feet of water. You can also pick up sunnies and perch in this same area. Another option would be heading heading over to Little Cut Foot for crappies and sunnies during the daytime. If perch you are after, Winnie is the clear choice.

By the way, where is your place located?

Woollman

woollmann99, its located on peterson lake, by the spring lake store. by the way thanks for the info on cutfoot going to try it. if you see a brown chevy truck that be me, stop by.

woollman99, its me again, noyiced your from elk river. i go thruthere on ocassions to go to union hall, boilermakers, in ramsey now and then. in may it may be more often. where by bowstring is your place?

I have heard many locals comment on how good Peterson lake used to be (key words) for huge sunnies. I've never fished Peterson.....do you ever give your lake a try in the winter, or are the fish far and few on Peterson today?

If we fish local this weekend, I know we will snoop around in Cut Foot during one of the days. In the past, we have picked up some nice crapps in the McAvity bay area. I'll look for your truck as you describe and stop to say howdy.

As I mentioned before, my seasonal shack is on Lake Paglaroni (pag-la-roni) near Bowstring. Funny, most everyone has a hard time finding my place. grin.gif Seriously, I'm on little Jessie. It's nice and peaceful. If I don't run into you, good luck on your fishing adventures this weekend.

Woollman

peterson used to be great for panfish. it froze out for at least the secoond time about 8 years ago and we have panfish, but everything is very small. we spear and panfish peterson a lot in the winter, nords are average to a little small at best but its convenent. good luck fishin this weekend i heard of a few more possible desinatoins i might try. dont know if ill get back on line before i leave thurs. nite. ill post and let you know. we need to meet up this summer and lie about fishin for a while.

Anyone been on bowstring recently. I've heard it's been pretty slow but I'm going to give it a shot this weekend. hope the weather holds up. which boat landing is a good one to use. I appricate any hints. THANKS

The access on the north end of the lake--off of CR35--has been good. I haven't seen in the last few weeks and may have become wet and sloppy during our past warm up period. You still should be able to get out just fine.