Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnMickish

Eel Pout ?

7 posts in this topic

Say a guy was crazy enough to go fish for these things, where would he go for a decent bite? I caught one up on LOW last weekend and one guy in our group cleaned and cooked it. Now he is crazy and want's to eat some more.

Help us try to cure him of this terrible desease and tell us a spot so we can get him over this.

Thanks.

Try the bottom grin.gifgrin.gif that's usually where they are!!

Thanks for the help Ryan_V, that was a big help.

no problem!!! wink.gif glad to help. when I'm in my perm up there, can't go a night without a rattle reel going off and having a slimer on the end. I'd love to learn how to clean them and try and cook 'em up, I've heard how good they are!! the secret will be to try and catch perch, then you'll get pout, if you try for pout, you're likely to catch eyes!!

Hey mnfishinguy,

I already posted this question. Check my post "where to catch eel pout". You'll see that Ryan V responded with the same comment but a couple of others posted with a few spots to try. We'll see you up there next weekend. Looking forward to watching you and goin fishin put up the coffin. grin.gif

Ahh yes, the coffin. Great to fish out of but it sucks to put up in the wind.

I am going to try to get out of work early on friday. Maybe 2:30 or so. I will need to talk to goin fishin and work out the details. Have you talked to him yet about the plan of attack on Friday? Not sure when you would be able to get out there on Friday and what you would like to do.