Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishin Beast

Warm up Long Point, Zipple Reports!!!

5 posts in this topic

How has this warm up been treating the bite? How has the travel been on the ice?

FB; I just hung up the phone after speaking to Long Point Resort, there is some slush on the lake but travel is OK, I asked if we could pull off the plowed roads with our 4X4 pickup, and he said no problem as the snow has shrunk a lot.

I asked if there are spots we can fish without standing in water and he said yes. Will be going up in the morning, will post the results for the day tomorrow evening.

I got to Zipple on Saturday around noon, fished in 28" caught a couple saugers, went to 13" in the evening and filled out with walleyes all were between 15' and 18' and threw back one 25' alot of fun and be ready when they come in, it only took about an hour to fill out. Plus we threw back a few. Roads were great, I drove my car out there with no problems.

FB; Got back from Long Point about an hour ago. Asked the boys at the resort how fishing had been, they said the fish bit like crazy all weekend. We went out and started fishing in heavy fog about 9:30 AM in 32 fow, nothing; we moved in to 28 fow and caught a mass of nice sized walleye, returned two 22", the two of us filled out easily, but no sauger.

You can drive most anywhere with a 4X4, slush was not a problem. Glow red Gem-en-eye was good as well as the rose colored angle eye. They bit about the same on chubs or shiners.

We also just got back from Long Point (me, three sons 23,12, and 8). We filled out on Walleyes fairly easily but struggled on the deep water sauger bite that is usually so good this time of year. Probably caught about a fourth of the sauger we usually catch. Sounds like everyone struggled with the sauger. People would stay an hour or two and then leave. By the end of the day Monday there weren't many people out.

The few we did catch came out of one or two holes and we drilled 50 or 60 holes and couldn't get them out of any others. Same with the walleyes in shallow. Very strange!