Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clamsleeper

Sunfish

2 posts in this topic

Anyone fishin sunnies on St. James? How deep is the snow? or should I say slush? Can a guy catch some decent sized ones or is it the dead sea?

went by today on the the way to fisherman outlet store and seen two houses out the lake the lake has alot of slush on top and the edges dont look good alot of geese on the open water by the thin ice signs right now i dont think i would go out until some colder whether or next year, to close to bass opener for me.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• SkunkedAgain
      As far as I'm aware, the two main spawning spots are the Pike River on the east end and Black Lake on the west end. That said I think that walleye are probably spawning in many different areas around the lake. IMO it's kind of fun to look for those hidden gem areas.
    • Rick
      Information about chronic wasting disease and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources’ management response to its discovery in two deer near Lanesboro will be the focus of a public meeting from 7-8:30 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 15, at the Fillmore Central School Auditorium, 702 Chatfield St., in Preston.  DNR staff will explain the disease and why a quick and aggressive response is the most effective way to limit its spread. They also will discuss response measures including establishment of a disease management zone, a special winter deer hunt, landowner shooting permits and the necessity to conduct an aerial deer population survey. Representatives from other state agencies and deer hunting groups also will be available to answer questions. Chronic wasting disease is a fatal brain disease to deer, elk and moose but is not known to affect human health. Prior to this discovery, the disease has only been found in Minnesota in one wild deer harvested near Pine Island in 2010. For more information, including maps of chronic wasting disease surveillance areas, common questions and answers and hunter information, visit the DNR’s CWD homepage. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Fumb Disher
      Looks like by next wendsday.  Below 0 and single digit highs. 
    • RuddyDuck
      Let the cold begin! Though, now I am seeing snow in the forecast for Sat evening and Sunday. Boy, hopefully that misses. 
    • Xplorer
      With the high wind's this week I really dont see much ice forming until at least the weekend.  Looking like I will be planning on hauling the ATV or sled up for the trip between Xmas and New Years again this year.