Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
calli4120

Lake Superior Fishing

7 posts in this topic

Next weekend my family is heading up to Lutsen to ski. We are staying in a cabin right on the lake and I've been thinking about bringing my fishing pole. Would it be worth it to give it a try and catch some fish or should I just enjoy the skiing?

Since lake Superior is a boundry water, is anything thing still open beside pan fish?

I feel kind of dumb asking this, but I've never been up there.

Well I would spend the time with the family you never go wrong. But keep your eye on the forum and you will be able to see what is going on up here and what fish are biting and where.

If you plan on fishing the lake the fish that you are most looking for probably would be trout and cohos which both stay open year round. There are a lot of places to fish all the way up the shore but I am not sure what it looks like right now. However I can say some of the best looper days happen this time of the year when it starts to get warmer like it is right now.

Not too many loopers up by lutsen so you'll be pretty much targeting cohos which can be difficult. I suggest using a white looper bug tipped with a waxie under looper bobber or casting spoons. As skipper's kid said watch this forum. You could also look back through the archives for info on how to fish the shore if you've never done it.

Thanks for the info guys!!!

Thats what we are here for is to help if we can? I hope you find what you like to fish for or do we are family. I think we are cool.gif. Good fishing to all grin.gif.

You can't ski the entire time but you can't expect everyone to hang around while you fish either.

Get up early and put the coffee on. While everyone is sleeping, go out cast some spoons with one rod and a looper bug on a bobber with the other and watch the sunrise.

You'll either wake everyone up with the aroma of fresh coho and fried eggs for breakfast or everyone got up and drank all the coffee while you where out goofin around fishing.