Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carverfshrmn

Crow In Hutch

47 posts in this topic

Can anbody tell me how the crow is flowing yet? Is the level on the rise? cool.gif

I'll take a look today. Any location in particular? The runoff should get it going pretty soon as the ground is still frozen and should all flow in.

Hey Dan

Thanks, I like from the Dam about 1/2 mile down stream, get some real big crappies out of there once the water starts to flow, do you fish it much?

Terry

I haven't the past few years. Before that I found some spots in the spring where you could get a dozen walleyes in no time and that was a blast, but most weren't big enough to keep....I'm not sure if I'd keep them anyway.

Although the spring flow should be about done by the time they start on the new dam, it'll be interesting to see what that does to the river while and after they finish.

I'll take a drive over there today and see how it looks. I haven't paid much attention to it lately and drive by it everyday. It may take a few days before the melt gets down this far too.

Not much happening. The stretch below the dam is still frozen and it may be a while before the water starts running.

Thanks Dan,

Maybe after this warm up it will be moving by next weekend! laugh.gif

Yeah, I could see that being a possibility with the warm weather continuing. I'm guessing it'll take a while for the water above the lake to get down this far anyway.

Looks like it's starting to rise!

Thanks Dan,

Time to hit some of my spots! wink.gif

Well i went I tried the Crow but wasn't successful. Tried several spots on both sides of the river from the dam all the way to behind Provesta. Didn't have one bite but it was sure noce to cast the long rods again. I will be trying it again tomorrow. Hopefully it will get a little better. Most of the ice is off and the water is flowing really good. If anybody has some free time tomorrow and wants to go down there i will be there at some point during the day.

If I see you down there while I'm driving by I'll give you a honk!

Not a lot of current below the dam but it's definitely filling up.

I hope to be there Sat or Sun, hope it is moving good by then smile.gif

What are you going to be fishing for in the river?

Fish for the Crappies at this time of year and then the walleyes and northerns when you can fish for them again.

Was out today, the water is really up and moving, fish are starting to move, got a few hits wink.gif

WHAT DO YOU GUYS USE FOR TACKLE I ALWAYS LOSE MY TACKLE TACKLE ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS

Jig n minnow, then if that does not work I try a different jig n minnow, and if that does not work I go home. I think you get the point.

I use different types of jig heads and tube jigs or a jig head and different colors of Twister tails.

Is anybody getting out this week?

Quote:

WHAT DO YOU GUYS USE FOR TACKLE I ALWAYS LOSE MY TACKLE TACKLE ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS

Mrcarp - I know how you feel. I go there with Carverfisherman once in a while. He hauls in fish and I give up offerings to the tackle demons.

I am going to try to get out there this weekend. Will have to work it around work but there should be time in the evenings. Is there open water by that culvert between campbell and the river yet. Had some decent luck there in years past.

Yes it is open there. You will be able to fish it. I have also caught some nice fish there as well.

Where is Campbell? If you don't mind me asking? Not to familiar with the area.

Keep goin west on 7 from where the dam is. Once you see a lake on your right, that is campell.