Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
wingnut38

Should have knew better

wingnut38    0
wingnut38

I just read about the Millerville Sportsmen Club's little mishap last summer and can't believe that these guys either don't know the rules and regs of fishing and "fish fries" or they just think they are above the law because they consider themselves a "Sportsmans Club". I'm glad someone came forward to question their ethics. I'm all for clubs helping out our natural resources, but taking over limits of fish is totally going against the grain.

Skeets    0
Skeets

Quote:

I'm all for clubs helping out our natural resources, but taking over limits of fish is totally going against the grain.

I agree, I'm glad they got busted. mad.gif

I think the penalty should have been steeper so this dosen't happen again.

river huntfish    0
river huntfish

I don't know about steeper. They do help out the lakes and the area hunting very well. But yes it wasn't right

Trainman    0
Trainman

What exactly did they do? Is there a link that talks about it?

bassNspear    0
bassNspear

ya, im interested to hear more about this happening

WaveWacker    0
WaveWacker

Basically a handful of guys were out catching over their limit of sunfish for a benefit fish fry. It was in last weeks Outdoor News.

Central Bassman    0
Central Bassman

that is bad... and flat out wrong!!! I'm glad some one reported them!!! mad.gif

wingnut38    0
wingnut38

Not only did they have over limits, but is also illegal to charge people for a fish fry using the fish that they had caught.

OUTLAW2    0
OUTLAW2

In response to your comments on the sportsman's club's fines, you've heard only one side of the story. Until you have all the facts I would watch what you say. That club will do more than you and or any of your friends will ever do. The club will be responding to Outdoor News on their side of the story. I've been a member of that club for over ten years, and will for thirty more, and proud of it!!!!!! P.S. your not paying for the fish, you're paying for your yearly membership just like all the other clubs do.

PieEyed    0
PieEyed

Believe me I know the whole story! Sportsmen's Club or not this is wrong. They should have used farm raised fish. There's no reason to fry up public fish when they sell fish dirt cheap. I'm sure the club does a lot of good too, but taking that many fish isn't helping anyone and even you can't dispute that. I'm in a Sportsmen's Club too and we on the other hand think before we do. I know the Sportsmen's Club is going to plead their case but frankly that doesn't change the fact that a small number of individuals felt they were above the law and killed that many fish. The only thing I felt the DNR got wrong was the lack of a fine. There are people all over this state paying $35-$80 a fish. What did they pay a few dollars. That's pathetic! I guess they got a quantity discount or something?

wingnut38    0
wingnut38

Hey Outlaw. You are a member of that club? What a coincidince, nice name.

1437    0

To all,

You are right “We should have known better”. Each year before our picnic, a conservation officer was at our meeting, to go over the catching, gifting , transporting & storage of panfish. This process has gone on since the first officer told the club 60 years ago how to do it, & was acceptable by the DNR.

This year a new conservation officer was assigned to our area. He too was at our meeting prior to the picnic. He stated he was told & was familular with the procedure.

No more questions were asked of him & no things that had changed were forth coming from him.

We should have asked more. We should have known better. Now, in hindsight, did he or the DNR set us up ?? The regs state only one limit per day. We knew that. The thought was, if the limit was gifted, it was no longer in the possession of the catcher & another limit could be caught. NOT TRUE, that is double dipping we now find.

In reading the regs for 2007 , some new changes or further explanation has been given, & I think this is because of what happened to our club.

Over the years regs change. Were we miss led ??

“WE should have known better”, We didn’t ask the right questions of the right people.

kaz2611    0
kaz2611

I guess i interputed "daily limit" as just that one limit in a 24 hour period.Had a CO told me i could gift them and keep fishing i couldve kept the whole neighborhood fed. All in all i hope this be a lesson learned by the sportsmans club there and they continue to provide for wildlife conservation.

wingnut38    0
wingnut38

1437, thank you for the explanation and also taking the responsibility to own up to what had happened. I think everyone learned a valuable lesson.

Central Bassman    0
Central Bassman

WOW... I cant wait to read the responds from the sportsman club, Either way its just doesn’t look good for a Sportsman club to be in this situation!!! mad.gif

Cottco    0
Cottco

What kind of sportsman's club PROMOTES OVER-HARVESTING? GIVE ME A BREAK mad.gif Your line of reasoning along with explanation is lame at best. And I'll bet the fish you kept were all dinks. GIVE ME A BREAK mad.gif

candiru    1
candiru

There is just no way we can let this happen. If this group can do it so can the boy scouts, the hockey associations., the churches, the band trips, the.........

Big Chicken    0
Big Chicken

The lakes that these "sportsman" have raped in the area have taken years to recover after they were done. This has been going for a very long time. They hear of a lake producing Sunnies and clean it out. They had guys coming to the access to unload buckets of fish that were caught and go back for more. I am glad it is over.

RBuker    0
RBuker

Quote:

The lakes that these "sportsman" have raped in the area have taken years to recover after they were done. This has been going for a very long time. They hear of a lake producing Sunnies and clean it out. They had guys coming to the access to unload buckets of fish that were caught and go back for more. I am glad it is over.

Dang it. I wish you had told me that before!! I've been fishing those very lakes after the raping and I've been catching fish there. Just think what it would have been like before the rapes!

I think your post is just a bit overboard.

Cottco    0
Cottco

He may be a bit overboard, but the lame reasoning of 1437 sunk the ship.

[Note from admin: Edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

1437    0

We were wrong, The DNR was right

End of story

it's over

YOU learned & WE learned

I could go on but that would make no sense

Some don't want to hear the truth & have made up their mind with out it.

Bait your hook & keep a tight line