Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eric anderson

Crane Lake

8 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone

My name is Eric and I am looking for advice for fishing Crane Lake during the summer, spefically during the early weeks in June. I love to cath large pike and bass, and some panfish. I am probbaly going to go to a campsite with a tent with one of my buddie and bring along my aluminion boat and stay for a week.I plan to camp on the Southside of the lake. So any advice on what lures/colors/baits, locations/bays would be greatly appreciated! Thanks All!

Eric Anderson

read the next thread down "boundary waters" it gives info about your question.

Eric,

If you obtain a good map, there is a nice place to set up a tent at Mukooda Lake. Also a nice little lake to try out. It is an easy access from Crane. I will be fishing the lake for a week in late May. Haven't ever fished this lake this early in the year but I will report on our results after we return.

If anyone can provide some input on fishing this area in May, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hey Skip, Thanks for the reply, I was wondering do you know if you can get to Mukadoo by car becasue i have a small boat and I know it would take awhile to get there!!!! Well talk to you later. Good Luck Fishing

Eric

You cannot reach Mukooda by car. It is a really short portage (maybe 500'). A couple resorts (Pine Point for one) keep a few boats there for rent. It may be possible to haul/drag your boat there (how heavy & how many guys to help?) from the dock on Sand Point as it really is an easy walk, but only you can determine if that's possible. Canoes or rent a boat would make more sense.

i was wondering where the panish bite. do you know if crane or mudooka has good sunfish/crappie action. i am going to head up to crane around the early weeks of June.

Eric, haven't experienced panfishing enough to know of good spots. I do know that Mukooda has huge bass and good walleyes. It's a nice, little, super clear lake. I'll be up there for a week prior to Memorial weekend. I'll report on our trip when we return.

Mukooda is loaded with bluegills and crappies. We have made excellent catches along the west side weed lines at various times during the summer. It's also a great place to catch lake trout. All in all a fun lake for fishing and camping....