Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tunrevir

Boat is comming out of storage

3 posts in this topic

I am taking the boat out of storage this week to fish the lower reaches. Anyone else got the boat ready to go yet? I plan on fishing the Red Wing area in the next few weeks, can't wait to get out. Anyone else getting down that way? I know it isn't the Croix but it is an extension of that and I hope to hit the area a few times brfore the ice goes out on the regular lakes around here.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Watched a few boats go by on 316 today headed down and headed back from Redwing. I put the boat in the garage today to start working on it...

time to get on the water...it's been way way WAY too long

I'm itchin for fishin...

Steve

Got out both yesterday and today!!! Hit Pool 4 at sunrise both days. Caught a few until the sun started shining down then they pretty much turned off... Its kind of funny how everyone is saying the water down there is so clear and that's why the walleyes aren't biting - to me, the water looks like it does normally on the Croix but I guess the Mississippi walleyes aren't used to that.... regardless of the reasons, the bite was very slow mid-day and I think pretty much everyone out had the same experience.

So if you going to head 'south', go early or go late, at least until the flow picks up and the clarity goes down.

Regarless, it was awesome being out on the boat! It's going to be a long wait 'til April 28th!