Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
10Bears

Wilson Lake

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering where Wilson Lake near Tofte is located. And is it close to Fourmile lake. The maps I have are not very good.

Anyone, anyone. Bueller, Bueller

It's been a long time but I thought it was closer to Isabella. By Windy and Dumbell kind of.

Wilson Lake is west of Fourmile Lake . It is north of the same grade (road) that Fourmile is just south of . I don't remember the road number off the top of my head, but have driven to both lakes many times over the years. The grade runs between Co.7 and the Sawbill trail . I grew up knowing the grade as the "Wilson Grade" . Others on this forum call it the "Fourmile Grade". The Superior National Forest map will show it.

Wilson is about 3.5 miles south-west of Fourmile Lake as the crow flies. Just a hair under 25 miles driving from Finland.

If you are coming from the south you would take Lake County Road 7 off of Hwy 1 in Finland to Forest Road 170 and then to Forest Road 355.