• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Leaky fuel injector??

TTfromBlaine

Question

I'm just wondering if there is a way to check if a particular inj is leaking with out having to pull it out? its a 99chev s 10 Blazer. thanks for any input..

5 answers to this question

Have any DTC's "check engine light" been set?

I assume it's running rough?

well the ck eng lite has been on since I got it over 2 years ago and had it diagnosed as some type of secondary emmissions valve/relay?? cant remember but was told it shouldnt affect performance and it hasnt. my symtoms now are easy start when cold but when just shut off to run into store and come back out I have to depress the gas pedal a small amout while cranking to get it to start, it doesnt do it all the time but most of the time,also when excelrating I feel a slight stumble as soon as I depress the pedal to leave the stop light, Ive run several cans of seafoam hopeing it might just be dirty but no help, ive been told its not uncommon for this engine to have these issues in the 140k mile range. hope this helps.. maybe I can get going in the right direction..

Sounds more like it could be a fuel pressure regulator problem.

I'll second the regulator. It would be the first suspect on my list of things to check.

The first thing I would do is hook up a fuel guage. If pressure drops. Than I get out the inspection mirror. If you hold the throttle open and stick the mirror into the intake pointed towards the rear of the car you can see the drips of gas comming out of the regulator if it is leaking.

This is a fairly simple repair to do. I can give you step by steps if you think you would like to tackle your self.

thanks guys lemme check it out, I gotta help a bud cut timber tommorrow grin.gif then Ill start getting technical grin.gif