Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heidi

2007 Walleye Opener

9 posts in this topic

My group is staying at the Gosh (Contact Us Please) motel this year and i

am asking what is the best boat landing to launch at? Thanks

Plug Hat is right down the road from there. There is a bait shop/liquor store right next door to your lodging too!

The Gosh Dam Place is the coolest name ever!!! I wanted to stop there and eat when I was up there a couple weeks ago but it was BEYOND packed!!!

But yeah, if you go down county 9 and take the high banks resort road, it goes to a public access also, I believe it's called big birch picnic area. Not 100% sure on the name, but it is birch something.

plughat is a great landing but with the low water last fall it was even difficult if you go up 46 there is a mosmo landing that also is good if the water is real low

Jason

Tamarack Lodge is about 3 miles from Gosh Dam down hwy 9. Brand new launch last fall. Worth the $10 for a secure place to park your rig. Free doughnuts and Coffee on Opening morning.

the landing is called three birches. ive only been off it in winter, looks like a good acess.

birches is nice access, but you have to watch the winds a bit as it is so exposed.

I like to launch at mccavity bay or the launch at the state campground. I just can not wait to get out there and try some spring slab fishing.

I have never fished crappies up there. Is it very crowded on weekends there? I may have to jump in the boat this weekend and close my eyes and imagine soft water fishing.