Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wasssit

Any driving on the lakes???

6 posts in this topic

Would like to know what lakes you can drive on with a 4X4 truck... confused.gif

Any of them! Bring a shovel. I was on two lakes yesterday with limited travel possible. If you've got good clearance, good tires, avoid the drifts you can travel most places. I don't, so I've been limited to little truck travel. 1/2 ton ext. cab chev. Lots of frame, running boards...to get hung up on. I beleive Reno is driveable, Minnewaska,(rough trail) Big chip, (plowed on to access, stuck after that) Brent

My father and I are coming up to the Alexandria area this weekend and am not real familiar with the area. I was curious (and I know with the snow there has been less people out) if anyone had any tips for a good crappie lake/bite to start at. We are willing to break through the snow but just having a hard time deciding where to go with so many choices. Thanks for any help!

1)smith lake 2) osakis on the northern end.

There is probably 10 to 14 inches of snow on the lakes, and slush starting to build under the snow as the weight of the snow starts to push water onto the ice. Be careful from this point out.

Thanks for the help. I was checking out the map of smith and it doesn't seem to have a whole lot of structure. Is there one side of the lake that is more productive than the other or just need to punch a bunch of holes. I hear a lot about Osakis, but I have never fished it. Thanks again.