Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
South_Metro_Slayer

Rewarded for doing my homework

9 posts in this topic

For the last two years Ive seen a guy fishing this small pond in Southern Dakota County well I set out the other day to try this pond. its all private and has houses all around it i had to cut threw a swamp about 1/2 mile walk it was almost impossible I had to make two trips from my dads car. when i got out to the ice i was dripping in sweat. i drilled one hole right out where Ive seen the guy fishing. set up my small shanty shack. For the next three hours i pounded huge gills, I caught about 20-25. Ten being the biggest Metro gills Ive ever caught. I fished till dark. when the old man picked me up he didnt even beleive me until i showed him my cell phone pictures. I dont think this is a dnr stocked pond its not very big Im just kinda wondering how the gills got in there. I will be going back tonight if i can get a ride from someone who dont fish. this time im setting out for a meal.

Kiss it goodbye - Why would you post this here?

hmmm, well you have 1 in 300 shot of finding the correct small pond in southern dakota county smile.gif

"southern Dakota Cty pond".......

Oh wait, I know where that is!!!

Gimme a break tj, he didn't give GPS coordinates or anything.

I say congrats for doing the leg work. You found a little honey hole. Now keep it hush hush. It will be between you and me......so where is it? smirk.gif

I agree with powerstroke the guy is excited about catching some fish people need to not be so paranoid when they give fishing reports its not the end of the world if more than 1 person knows where on a lake to go to get some fish

That is definetly a great reward. Congratulations. Its always fun to find a place like that.

Thats awsome. Definatley keep it on the low and remember to release the big 'gills thats is what will keep your honey hole from being just a pond.

Have to love those little Dakota Country ponds. I found a couple that hold nice bass this fall so I'm looking forward to breaking out the long rods in a couple of months...still might get out to chase a few pannies where I think they may be hiding & unpressured.

Congrats!!! As for the question about how the fish get in such ponds without the dnr stocking them. You can thank all of the birds you see flying around. The brids transfer the eggs from other lakes and ponds. The eggs either attach to the legs of the birds, or some eggs can be digested and craped out into the next lake/pond. smirk.gif