• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It looks like we are considering a new boat. The boys are getting bigger and now they want to tube and learn to ski. Can't do that behind the old fishing boat. I am getting rid of my 03 Alum 165 magnum CS with a 60 hp eveirude

We are looking at a Crestliner 1850 sportfish with a 150 Merc optimax.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with either the boat of the motor. Especially the motor.

A buddy of mine has the 04 1850 sportfish and he loves it but it has the Yahmaha 150 on it. I would like that engine but they will NOT put it on.

Any info on the 150 optimax or 1850 Sportfish?

Thanks

Hitman

Hitman, I would post this under the "Boats and Motors" topic and I think you will see some replys. What are you going to do with your 03? I just bought an Alumacraft the end of December and its almost killing me seeing it sit in the garage.

I have a friend that has the 125 and he constantly complains that it isn't enough power to pull his kids? Another 25 might do the trick... I am not sure. I wouldn't trust what the salesman tells you about the ordeal (my buddy's salesman told him the 125 would be more than enough to pull skiers).

Hit we have a 150 optimax on our boat currently. I really have no complaints with teh motor at all, it runs good, haven't had any serious problems, but i would still look to see if you can find a boat with a 4 stroke on it. Bc they are the cats meow.

Shae --

How quiet and nice is it?

How would you rate it?

What prop do you have on it?

Its pretty quiet, not as quiet as the 4s but quieter than the old moters

On a scale of 1-10 i would say its a 7.5, there is room for improvement, its not the most powerful moter, i think there is some lost power in there but it pushed the 19 ft allumicraft at about 42 mph, which is plenty fast for where i fish and pulls people fast enough i guess, but havent been pulled by this boat very much.

And as for the prop, i actually have no idea, i just know that there is one on there. grin.gif

Hit and Shae

Not positive on this but I beleive an opti or etec are much torquier and faster outa the gate than four strokes. This would defineatly be a skiing consideration. four strokes are sweet though, love my merc.

Quote:

I beleive an opti or etec are much torquier and faster outa the gate than four strokes

really? I thought it was the other way around, and then the 4 stroke didn't have the high end like the 2 strokes. Same thing with my snowmobile.

Those four strokes are sooooo quiet though. they just purr!

Yeah i guess im not sure but i know those 4 strokes get up and go,

Hitman,

Our 150 is a 2001 model and even though its nice, the next boat will have a 4 stroke.

A. Shae

Yeah, I hear ya. I like both motors fro different applications