• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Bright Side

In a month the ice will be off most lakes and a whole new season will be here at last. Open water and mosquitoes. YES smile.gifsmile.gif

Dont count ur eggs before there hatched it could awhile before we lose 30 inches of ice at the temps were having today!

Da eggs have been counted the chicks just haven't hatched, but chirping is heard smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

30-32" snow now well its compacted a bit,cold too! 1yr.1mo.ago first crappie.You can now get a burning permit in atwater at city offices,and its good till Dec.31st.Do ya think 30" snow=3"H2O? I finally got a burn permit cause I was thinkin we would'nt have 3" snow on the ground to burn legally with out a permit.Now I have to shovel snow off the piles just to start them,maybe next week.

Light the fires and the ice will be gone a couple days earlier. April 7th off Diamond. shocked.gif

The forum is slow and no one won'ts to even try on open water dates! Only Ice people checking this out noe blush.gifcool.gifmad.gif

I'll say april 14th as there was a lot of ice when I was out there. If winds come up it may be earlier.

I guess i could put in a guess also. I think the ice will be off the lakes or should i say the shallow smaller lakes by the 10th of April. Just a shot in the dark. I am getting really anxious to get the boat back in the water. Might have to head to the river soon.

Walleyeking did you get your motor fix? Cant wait to get back on the water. I will guess April 7th.

• 3 weeks later...

Juneau I guessed april 3ed I was wrong it was april 1st Ice out on Diamond!

It has to be to global warming tongue.gif For the past 20 years its gone out on the 6,7,or8th. Just glad to hear its out laugh.gif