Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishingPops

How late are sleepers on the ice?

8 posts in this topic

How late do resorts typically have sleeper houses on the ice? I had my 7 year old daughter out the end of Feb out of River Bend and now my 10 year old son wants to go for a weekend. I would like to go March 31th to April 2nd but I am guessing there is no shot at that.

I called River Bend and they thought the weekend of the 17th would be there last one for sleepers. They will still have day houses after that for a while. It just seems sleepers houses are easier on the budget then renting a day house and staying somewhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

FishingPops: Not sure what you paid for the sleeper, and I stay in the cabins at Riverbend. I know things start slowing down for them by mid March and they will bring the sleepers back to storage. The cabin cost is 35.00 per night and I believe the day house is $55. they do have mid week discounts but that probably won't work unless you take your son out of school, I'm sure he wouldn't argue with you though blush.gif There is a motel very close to the resort, Lake Road Lodge Motel, you could rent the day house without staying there. Just a couple of thoughts. Hope you can make another trip. Good luck and hang on. Bill

Actually, my son doesn't want to miss a day of school. That is why we are picking those days, that Monday is the start of their spring break.

The sleeper at River Bend was only $145 for me and 1/2 price for a child and that is for 2 days so the total is something like $220. If we start staying at a cabin or motel it seems to be $325 or more and then we also would spend more on food but that might be the way we have to go.

Does March 31st - April 2nd seem too late or is it too early to tell?

Quote:

I would like to go March 31th to April 2nd but I am guessing there is no shot at that.

The 31st is the removal date for perm huts so you may want to try and get up here before then!

fiskyknut

Thanks Fisky! I guess I should have looked at the regs. That weekend is out of the question.

Welcome back Fisky, where ya been hiding? Bill

Hey Bill....Had to pull the puters off-line last Monday for some upgrades and maintenance eh. My internet enthusiasm and motivation kind of ebbs and flows with with my attitude at times too!!! March Madness in full swing now.....Lots to do on the ice these days with so many different fish to chase and places around the pond to fish them, can't squeeze it all in. Heading out here in a bit to do a bit of fishin this afternoon probably off of Babblers road somewheres???

Got a 100 e's to answer but no time today....Fish to be caught!!! Got to go while the gettin is good eh!

Fresh Perch tonite for supper!

Nice weather coming it's looking....Ahhhhh back to bucket sitting this weekend if the winds are'nt blowin too hard.

Tip-up time too....Whats a guy to do? I love March on the LOTW ice.

fiskyknut

I hear ya Fisky. Two weeks from tomorrow headed back for the last time this year. I just emailed Charlie inquiring as to whether he will be bringing the houses back from the Islands before we ge back. Not sure how much snow you ended up with, we had around 23" for the two storms that went through. Pulling those houses in deep snow is not a lot of fun so I certainly would understand if he brought them back. Personally I've done pretty well over Pine and near the Gap late March. It can be a hoot if they're on. Hope you found some fish today, and that perch supper sounds awfully good. Talk soon. Bill