Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PikePatroller

Carls Lake/ Mchahon Lake?

8 posts in this topic

Anybody having luck here? Are the crappies still biting? Whats working now? Is there other area lakes around Carls that are productive?

is it ok to drive out there? any plowed roads?

I was out Saturday night . The usual 8 inch carls crappie night -Flurry here and there-still fun. Guys were driving trucks out in the deep snow-Didn't see anyone getting stuck- Id try Faribault area for some bigger fish instead

I got spring break until like march 22. The ice should be safe to walk on until then around the Metro shouldnt they?

Anybody been out here recently and have a report or is anyone heading to here soon?

I was out there Sunday and plan to be out again Friday AM. The snow made getting around intresting, but that is what is like everywhere. I caught sunnies and crappies from mid morning to mid afternoon. Look for a green Tacoma with a Clam Yukon.

??? Action???

I was on the lake, fishing by 5:00 AM and off by 9:00 AM. I caught about 20 crappie, a dozen sunnies and a couple of big shiners. Could have kept some if I was in the mood, but released everything.

I did pick up an entire pail of garbage in a 20 yard radius of where I was fishing. Some people just don't get it! Must think that their mom is coming out to clean up after them.