Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boar

Long Point,12mile,16 mile report 2-4

6 posts in this topic

Had an awsome weekend, went up thurs. night to get ahead of the pending storm, HA!. Fished friday till Sat. morning at Twin Islands an Hammerd nice 15-16 wallys, in 20 FOW, mainly a morning bite but would pick up afew in afternoon, red hook undera rattle reel dominated, Chubs all the way. This time of year I think they want a fatter morsel to eat before spawn. Sat. afternoon snowcated to 12 mile, a little slower out there but picked up some bigger fish from 17 to 19 1/2. Babbler said he was gonna plow out to 16 so we set out sites on that for Sun. A tough one lane road that just came to an end with no off shoots to park, but what do ya expect for 5 bucks. So running around in a truck was tough. Got stuck but ended up finally fishing in 24' An piss pounded wallys an saugies. Every 20 minuets they would come around an we would pick a few nice fish. Every thing seemed to work but you had to change often, one or two fish then you had to change, Red glow ju-ju, pink glow genz bug, Gold red glow jiga bit, no chartruse worked though. halographic image jigs worked. Over a hundred fish in two an a half days. Gonna get better. WeeHaa!! Boar

Nice work Boar! Thanks for the report. We were out of Zipple Thurs - Sunday. Had decent luck. cool.gif

We had a group of 7 that stayed at LP wed-sun and fished 16 mile Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It was pretty good, we had a mix using shiners and fathead. Like you mentioned, lots of changing lures to get them though.

Saturday Babbler was plowing his road so I suppose it will soon be a zoo out there again. We had the entire reef to ourselves thursday and friday (except for the group of about 12 sleds/fishouses that had to drive within 25' of our group instead of going around us on their way to someplace else confused.gif... I just don't get it)

Nothing big as far as the eye's or sauger, just nice 15-17" fish and 1 40" northern (18 lbs).

boar; My wife told me about the same story that Emil a co-worker told her. Am I right in thinking he was with you?

Hey how about that, yes me an Emil have been good freinds for about ten years. I call him "The Chosen One" Fish an wildlife just seem to chose him for their taker. Ive never seen anyone catch fish like him. I've learned alot from Emil. Boar

Boar; I have heard all about Emil's fish catching abilities from my wife. What a nice guy. I'm sure he will know who she is. Kingfisher