Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WalleyeMike

Monster Pike

15 posts in this topic

I just received these pictures from a friend. Anyone else get this e-mail? Are these true? It says it was 54 inches and 44 pounds!

s_82624661.jpg

s_82284587.jpg

I seen that pic before, and it was reportedly caught in manitoba I believe. But it was proven that that was false information, and in actuality the fish was caught a few years ago in scotland or something like that.

I have had that emailed to me a couple different times this year, sure is a cool picture...

Netherlands, several years ago. Google it.

From what I've read about the pic is that is some type of Pike caught over in the Europe/Russia area. The pic is a couple of years old. They have some other strains of pike that grow huge, or so I've read. Some cool pics though.

Jason Erlandson

No Ole, its from dat der Turkey Bass Lake nort ov Brainerd ya know...

Google-Holland Big Pike...it's all there.

Thats got to be bigger than 44lbs, just look at the girth and how big the head is.

44 pounds looks about right. A 44 pound northern is gonna look bigger than a 44 pound muskie. And let's face it, not too many of us have ever seen a northern that big before.

The biggest pike I have ever seen in person is a 48" and that was huge (Canadian Fly-in). I cannot imagine a 54" especially with that girth. I would need to change my pants if that thing hit right at the boat.

I'd have to change the carpet in my boat...

Couldn't imagine that thing pulling on my line

Ive seen this pic before, and i ve herd it was caught on Mille Lacs, has anyone else gathered this?

No it wasn't. It was caught in Europe. I think the netherlands. Someone posted it on the mille lacs forum and it is all explained there.

Google big holland pike then click on scattershooting

Dave