• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bowfishing Question

I was wondering if you can leagally bowfish in Sibley Park in the Mankato area. Every year there is a good run of carp and always wanted to give it a try. And when does bowfishing season open again?

I read it in the new regs yesterday and if I remember correctly, I think spearing/bowfishing opens may 1st.

I was hoping someone would chime in with answer I want to hear which is you can. I have often thought about it and am guessing it is illegal to use a bow in a park like that. However, if you were in a boat it would be a different deal I am guessing.

I dont know what park u r talking about. But here in cottonwood county I shoot where ever and have never had a problem with cops or dnr. I just make sure I dont do it around swiming areas or around stupid people i call them. In other words people who would possibly cause harm to them selfs by being stupid. I think if u show respect people would respect u and leave u alone

I wouldnt take the chance. Both Sibley parks, I would think you would have problems with. There are always cops driving through both parks and I would think they would give you more than just a warning if caught walking around with a bow.

If u do it in a boat I think u would be alright. XXXXXXX out what I said before I would check with your local conservation officer

State Parks No firearms no archery no hunting,But open season for archery roughfish is May 1st Cant wait!