Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
undfishmn

Morris Point?

7 posts in this topic

Heading up to the big lake 3/12-3/14. Usually we go two or three times a year but haven't been up there yet this winter. We have had good look at Morris Point for big pike in the past. Anyone have any reports on the roads going out there and the pike fishing at Morris or Zippel? Thanks.

What I meant was good luck at morris point. Maybe I should read what I type before I post it. Also, have the walleyes been biting at Morris? I'm sure they are at Zippel like always.

We were at Morris Point Sunday through Tuesday morning. They 'eyes and saugers are biting. We just followed the road to 30 ft. of water and dropped down. Always fun when you can just set up and catch fish. Brought home 27 between five of us, threw a bunch back and missed many more. The rattle reels were rolling by 6:45 each morning. Glow red, golds and greens. Rattlin' Varmits, Kastmasters and Gem-N-Eyes the most consistent. You should have a blast, good luck!

Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks alot for the report, really appreciate it. Can't wait to get out there. We're gonna try and set up for pike one day too. Were there any groups pike fishing that you saw?

We didn't really see too many people at all. Mainly just one of their plows every so often. Pretty quiet as far as traffic was concerned.

One more question hip hop...where were you from the tip of the point? See I'm just trying to get a location, I've always fished for pike tight against the inside of the point and now since we're trying walleyes just wondering how far you were from the point. Thanks again.

we just followed there road out to 30 feet of water, it was right around 2 miles.