• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fishing on lake zumbrota

Has anyone fished on lake zumbro,how is the fishing there?I heard theres so much activity on there its hard to fish.Any info. would be nice.

What time of year are you looking at going there? What species? There are a wide variety of fish in there.

But consider this....It is the only lake in the area where motorboats are allowed. Rochester is 15 minutes away, so there is a large population of people with 1 lake to go to. The Zumbro!

Fishing can be very good there at all times of the year. But, you will have to work around the traffic.

Weekends for me are a no-no. You have no chance at all, maybe the first hour-two of light. After that it is full of pleasure boaters. The lake is long and narrow and people take advantage of that. All the way down the lake and then all the way back up the lake! Some weekdays are the same way.

If you want to know more on it, there is a lot of info. posted on it in the Rochester forum.

Good luck!

I believe next weekend is the Zumbro Zinger. Check out the Rochester fourm. If you are ever gonna get good info on the lake that would be the time.

Id like to camp there April-October.We like pan fish best,but of course love to catch anything.Im also afraid of too much traffic on the lake,but Im having a hard time finding a seasonal site for our camper and pontoon.Thanks for you input.