• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Outdoor Weekly vs. Outdoor News?

I'm a recent subscriber to Outdoors Weekly and I was curious what everyones opinions are on the Outdoors Weekly and Outdoor News? Some prefer one over the other for various reasons and I was wondering what you all think. I'm beginning to see alot more Outdoors Weekly papers up in this area and I hope this trend continues because I feel the fishing and hunting in this part of the state needs to exposed a bit more than it currently is. Have a good day guys!

I love the outdoor news! It's honestly the only piece of mail I look forward to getting. I think it's very insightful. I've never heard of outdoors weekly, is that based in minnesota as well? I'll have to keep my eye out for it, I can never get enough news about fishing in minnesota. What about midwest outdoors? I like the show, don't care so much for the paper, too inconsistant.

I agree with JBmasterangler,

The Outdoor News by far is the best magazine/paper out there. I look forward to the weekly delivery on Fridays and look forward to Clancy's articles and the ND reports and articles. Havn't missed an issue in about 7 years and will share with my kids when they get old enough to read. Another goody is the MN Volunter. They changed the name to be more PC but it overall is a wonderfull little magazine for everyone that enjoys the outdoors of MN.

mr

Quote:

I've never heard of outdoors weekly, is that based in minnesota as well? What about midwest outdoors? I like the show, don't care so much for the paper, too inconsistant.

Outdoors Weekly is based out of Minnesota (Vadnais Heights and Hutchinson). It's a few less pages than Outdoor News is but I find it very informative and it seems that all of their pictures are in color which I really like. I'm not familiar with the Midwest Outdoors paper but I do love the show.

Definately outdoor news. They have a political twist on outdoors issues but that is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much. The other reason is the writers aren't censored as they offer the opinions on subjects close to their heart. I find that week in and week out the outdoornews does a great job of bringing relevant topics to the table from all different spectrums. Outdoor weekly is a good paper too if you are just looking for outdoors type articles and how to fishing hints. Lately, I have found the content in the outdoor news is by far better then Outdoorlife and even Minnesota sportsman as these mags seem to have less and less content each month. Maybe a testament to the decrease in young sportsmen and women. Bottom line, I look foreward to every Thursday afternoon getting my subscription!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

I have been getting outdoor news for a few years now and recently I received the outdoors weekly as Christmas gift. If and when I have to choose which to keep it will be the Outdoor news. I think there is just more info.

I feel Outdoor News is a superior paper compared to Outdoors Weekly. Much more and better info in my opinion. I usually buy both each week when I go grocery shopping and get the latest Midwest Outdoors every month as well. Midwest Outdoors is also pretty good, but for it's size it still doesn't compare to Outdoor News.

My vote goes to Outdoor News. I especially like the reader submitted photos. We always marvel at the large size of some of the fisherman's hands or how small their head is compared to the deer's head. wink.gif

It's always been Outdoor News for me, too. Don't see any reason to change, based on what I've seen with the competition.

Agreed on the outdoor news. Better articles, and more to read in general. Plus reading the cuffs and collars is absolutely hillarious!