Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
RicerUpNorth

Angle Inn Lodge / Oak island-

RicerUpNorth    0
RicerUpNorth

Thanks everyone for the fishing info thus far. I'll be up on Oak Island this Thursday thru Sunday March 8-11.

Has anyone fished that area recently? I'll be fishing out of the Angle Inn Lodge day rentals.

any last minute tips would be great. Thanks!

Ricer

Gissert    17
Gissert

Seven of us just got back from fishing out of Walsh's Baystore. We had excellent fishing, with some slow spots also.

We fished two and a half days, and caught enough the first day for two big fish frys. The sauger bite was very good at times in the 24 foot range. A few perch showed up, but not many.

We also caught several protected slot walleyes in the 20 to 24 inch range, along with a 27 incher. In addition, there was a 28, and a 29.5 caught, along with a 42 inch pike. Hope you have a great time!

LuckBites    0
LuckBites

I went out in T.C's (?) rentals out of Jerry's on 3/2 & 3/3. It was a decent bite until the skies cleared. 17 eye's/sauger the first day & 15 the 2nd. Large red glow frostees were our best option followed closely by a large perch jigging spoon ripped aggressively. Many small ones but still enough eaters. We also had a northern over 40".

Good luck!

sweept    0
sweept

Hey Gissert, Frank emailed me the pics of the big hogs you guys got. What a rush that had to have been!!! My wife and I will be fishing with Baystore Camp 3/11 and 3/12. Hopefully we will have some of that luck that your group had. Any chance you would share what types of bait you were using. If so you can email me at tjsweep at hcinet dot net

Gissert    17
Gissert

LuckBites - You must have been fishing out of RC's houses. We have fished with him before - first class all the way.

sweept - We just used Frank's minnows, plus Go Devil/Angel eye type jigging lures. Pink, blue/white and gold were best. On the dead sticks, we used either plain hooks, or a gold kahle/lead head combo.

sweept    0
sweept

Thanks for the info. I just happen to have some of that stuff in the box.

Gissert    17
Gissert

Here are some of the fish we got on our trip. Again, a big thanks to Frank and Laura Walsh at the Baystore.

A 24 incher

Warden24.jpg

A 27 incher

warden27inch.jpg

A 28 incher

Tbone28incheye.jpg

A 29.5 incher

Tbone29.jpg

Last, but not least, a 42 inch pike

Dave42inchpike2.jpg

Hemlock    0
Hemlock

Nice work Gissert...and crew. Were you in Ontario or Minnesota?

WallEYES    0
WallEYES

We fished on the minnesota side....that pike was fun... Gisserts brother T-Bone timed from when I hooked it till we got it thru the hole....20 minutes...caught on a small fatboy on 4 lb cajun red line....Thanks Chuck for the pictures...Had a great trip with you guys...you forgot to mention the trouphy burbouts!

Grainbelter    6
Grainbelter

Dave, how the heck are you. This is Mike, Dana's son-in-law. Saw your pic out on the front of the site and thought you looked familiar. Anyway's nice fish and maybe we'll run into you sometime......

WallEYES    0
WallEYES

Hey Mike you should come up to Isabella deer hunting with us and your father in law and I can put you on those 200 plus bucks! Hope Lindsey and the family are well.