Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RicerUpNorth

Angle Inn Lodge / Oak island-

11 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone for the fishing info thus far. I'll be up on Oak Island this Thursday thru Sunday March 8-11.

Has anyone fished that area recently? I'll be fishing out of the Angle Inn Lodge day rentals.

any last minute tips would be great. Thanks!

Ricer

Seven of us just got back from fishing out of Walsh's Baystore. We had excellent fishing, with some slow spots also.

We fished two and a half days, and caught enough the first day for two big fish frys. The sauger bite was very good at times in the 24 foot range. A few perch showed up, but not many.

We also caught several protected slot walleyes in the 20 to 24 inch range, along with a 27 incher. In addition, there was a 28, and a 29.5 caught, along with a 42 inch pike. Hope you have a great time!

I went out in T.C's (?) rentals out of Jerry's on 3/2 & 3/3. It was a decent bite until the skies cleared. 17 eye's/sauger the first day & 15 the 2nd. Large red glow frostees were our best option followed closely by a large perch jigging spoon ripped aggressively. Many small ones but still enough eaters. We also had a northern over 40".

Good luck!

Hey Gissert, Frank emailed me the pics of the big hogs you guys got. What a rush that had to have been!!! My wife and I will be fishing with Baystore Camp 3/11 and 3/12. Hopefully we will have some of that luck that your group had. Any chance you would share what types of bait you were using. If so you can email me at tjsweep at hcinet dot net

LuckBites - You must have been fishing out of RC's houses. We have fished with him before - first class all the way.

sweept - We just used Frank's minnows, plus Go Devil/Angel eye type jigging lures. Pink, blue/white and gold were best. On the dead sticks, we used either plain hooks, or a gold kahle/lead head combo.

Thanks for the info. I just happen to have some of that stuff in the box.

Here are some of the fish we got on our trip. Again, a big thanks to Frank and Laura Walsh at the Baystore.

A 24 incher

Warden24.jpg

A 27 incher

warden27inch.jpg

A 28 incher

Tbone28incheye.jpg

A 29.5 incher

Tbone29.jpg

Last, but not least, a 42 inch pike

Dave42inchpike2.jpg

Nice work Gissert...and crew. Were you in Ontario or Minnesota?

We fished on the minnesota side....that pike was fun... Gisserts brother T-Bone timed from when I hooked it till we got it thru the hole....20 minutes...caught on a small fatboy on 4 lb cajun red line....Thanks Chuck for the pictures...Had a great trip with you guys...you forgot to mention the trouphy burbouts!

Dave, how the heck are you. This is Mike, Dana's son-in-law. Saw your pic out on the front of the site and thought you looked familiar. Anyway's nice fish and maybe we'll run into you sometime......

Hey Mike you should come up to Isabella deer hunting with us and your father in law and I can put you on those 200 plus bucks! Hope Lindsey and the family are well.