Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reservoir Dawg

Frontenec

2 posts in this topic

I was in the Lake City area with some budddies on sunday and we decided to try the Frontenac Pond. We poked a couple holes on the east side? I was suprised at how shallow it was. I wandered over by the shore and kicked open an old hole and there staring up at me was a small blue gill, I reached down and scooped him up and through him back down the hole.I knew something was wrong.Then I looked at some open water by the shore. There was water flowing in from the banks.It looked like a scene from a horrer movie there were thousands of dead and dying small blue gills by the flowing water, trying to get oxygen.

Maybe in the long run it will be good for the pond getting rid of some of the small stunted fish but, it didn't look good.

The pond isn't very deep at all. The deepest holes I've been able to find are no more than 7'.

The pond is full of small gills and I think that it would have no real effect to loose those kind of numbers. The fish in there don't get real big because of the numbers.