Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

JohnMickish

We are planning our groups ice fishing trip for next year and instead of making the trek to LOW agian it was brought up to head to Vermilion.

My question is since the big V dosen't get much press around here does anyone ice fish it? Do they plow roads or are you on your own? Any resorts that cater to ice fishermen?

Thanks in advance.

Cliff Wagenbach

Vermilion is a great icefishing lake.

Most people fish it for walleyes,perch and pike.

There is generally a road plowed out as far as Birch Island from the McKinley Park Landing by Soudan.

Most of the people that fish the Tower end of Vermilion with permanant houses usually are in that area.

There are also plenty of spots to fish with portables that never see a fisherman the entire winter.

I have one rental fishhouse and Skip Pratt also has a few houses that he rents out in that area.

There are quite a few area resorts that cater to winter fishermen and snowmobilers.

E-mail or call me if you want and I will give you a list.

Cliff

Ya Hey Der

This sounds very promising. mnfishinguy, we need to seriously consider this. Are there eel pout in vermillion? Goin Fishin has fallen in love with the eel pout and is now touting it as the best fish he has ever had. uh oh!!!!

Cliff Wagenbach

We caught a lot of pout on Vermilion in the deep water this winter! tongue.gif

They are quite good eating I have to admit! grin.gif

Most of them were in the 3# range, but I have caught some that were as large as 12#! That is a lot of UGLY! shocked.gif

Cliff

JohnMickish

Yes, I think we will have to look into this a bit more. I'm all for shaving 3 hours off the trip.

goin fishin

Vermilion in the winter, 2 1/2 hours closer with plowed roads and lots of eel pout to boot!! Now that is sounding better by the minute! Only thing that changes is the walleye fishing closes in late February where we have more flexibility with the weekends to plan our trip for LOW.

garytheguide

if you guys could swing an open water trip....with some of us guides....we are worth it...you could already know where to go and then maybe have cliff to boot in the winter......some great resorts to stay at up here in the winter.......either way....may you always have a good trip