Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishky06

Crappies?

5 posts in this topic

Just wondering how the bite has been. We are headed up this coming weekend and hope to get on some fish. Not looking for spots just wondering what time of day, and what they are biting on.

There haven't been many anglers out since the snowfall so the reports have been limited. You can catch a few fish during the morning and daytime, but it is still been predominately an evening bite. I'd concentrate my crappie fishing from 4:00-7:00 pm and chase bluegills during the middle of the day. Go with glow jigs like Rat Finkees or Genz Bugs tipped with a wax worm. Demon jigs with crappie minnows are my second line presentation.

Jason Erlandson

We got on to a pretty decent crappie and sunfish bite on a local lake recently, most of our fish came from 8-9 feet of water during the day and then around 15 after dark. They were stacked up on a weed flat crappies were really nice most around 12 inches with a few going up to 13, sunfish were ok a lot of small ones but we did get quite a few around the 7 inch range. Bite shold only get better with the warm weather coming, its going to make it real fun with all the snow melting I can imagine there is going to be a lot of water on the ice.

Sounds good guys, I don't get up there much so I'm not sure where I will fish yet but at least they are biting. How thick is the ice?

you almost need an extension,,, 28-30 in. where we were on sunday