Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Grebe

Shields/General Shields

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone out there fish this lake? I've seen Mazaska mentioned and I believe it is like right across the road from Shields, yet I haven't heard a thing all winter about that lake, except earlier on about some bad ice. Anyone do anything out there this winter?

Been out there a couple times this winter. Never anything really hot. Supposed to be sunnies biting and last time I was down there they said the northerns were heating up...of course that doesn't do much good anymore! It's a decent little lake. The water levels really dropped on it last summer though.

MHS...Thank you! From the lack of response on this lake, I thought that perhaps I was asking about it in the wrong geographical location, but it's right there in the south/central area.

Unless it was filled with toxic waste, I thought that someone on the board must fish it once in awhile? Thanks again.

I went by it a few days ago. Looked like deep snow and water to deal with. May not be as bad as it looks though

hawkeye shoot me an e-mail about this sunday if you are going to be around, if not you counld give me a few tips thanks jason

yes we will be out there. the boy got the sled running. Now there is going to be ice chewed up in more than one way. grin.gif

what time are you going to head out and do you want me to pick up some minnows ar any thing else you will have to let me know. Are you going to drive out there.

Quote:

MHS...Thank you! From the lack of response on this lake, I thought that perhaps I was asking about it in the wrong geographical location, but it's right there in the south/central area.

I have been out on this lake many times, both hard and soft water. Have been given the "secret spot" for both seasons and to date I have never came home from that lake with anything but a sunburn or cold feet, depending on the season. I know that here are fish in there, I have just not been lucky enough to find them. Someday! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

clamtrap, Its going to be around noon before I can get there. Looks like the snow is down to where we can drive around.

I will have a polaris ranger out there so if you see that thats where I will be at. my uncle and I will be out there is the road still open to the end what we talked about on tuesday at work..

just came from there, caught 1 9" gill lots of 7" and unders and about a 6lb bass and lost one i think was bigger AND i have never seen so many small crappies confused.gif

It has blowen shut somewhat, but it is passable. I may try at sunrise. I may be east of where we talked about. Hot Tip, may be a bust the way its been for me all week. I will be looking for you.

TD...I plan on giving it a shot, maybe yet this ice season, or if not, for sure in the spring.