Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishfearme

Resorts with plowed roads

fishfearme

Lets start a list of resorts that are maintaining ice roads.

Barnacles, Lyback's and Hunters Point are three that I know of. Heading to Barnacles in the morning.

croixeyes

Do these roads that are being plowed have access points where you cant break thru to go off on your own.The plow berms can be a bear to get thru.

rangerforme

You won't get far with a wheeler or a truck. Was up there all weekend, struggled in areas with snowmobiles. Lots of water creeping up on the ice.

Tyler D

Do any of you guys know if red door is going to be maintaining their roads at all? I am hoping to make it out there over my spring break next week. Thanks for any info.

gorrilla

they kind of left us high and dry last year when there was plenty of ice left. They pulled there bridge while Barnacles kept there's going for weeks and won me over big time. I usually get more fishing tips from these guys too, they seem to work harder at it.

gogophers

anybody know how far out Hunters is going? How well maintained is there road? They historically have done a good job, but am heading up on Weds and wondering where to access the lake.

rangerforme

I think Hunters was out to 3 mile this weekend. 2 mile for sure. With the 40 degree temps there is going to be mucho water on the ice this weekend. Gonna be tough traveling even with sleds. I think the Whitecap owner said he was gonna plow out his road this week to for the big perch pounder deal.

over the limit

Rocky reef has a road out

gogophers

How far out does Rocky Reef's road go...any flats access from any of the resorts?

deerwoody

There are roads going out of the south end also.Not sure what ones,a buddy crossed them on sled.

gogophers

was up yesterday out of Hunters, they were out plowing a lot yesterday, Definately making it out to the middle. We think we were on 7 mile, and roads went a long way further north/west of where we were. Fishing wasn't any good however.

fishfearme

Barnacles plowed roads to the flats yesterday. Hunters and Barnacles roads meet at the jug. Took me most of the day, but I found them in 32 feet.

SeaMcnasty23

Just got off the phone with george from hunters point resort wondering about saturday and he had all kinds of roads plowed to all the majior flats, along with 2 and 3 mile. He has great road service always keeping them safe and maintained and I will always trust him based on my expirence with him in the last couple of years. A great guy who will always give you good information!

wackawalleye

twin Pines is good to go.

The Cranker

Appeldoorn's has roads going in Sunset Bay and around Doe Island.

Beautiful Cabins to rent too!

Fish On!!!

Bob O

I talked to a buddy this evening (Thurs) who is up on the NW west side. He said Terry's Harbor (St Albans Bay) has wide plowed roads out to several good spots including deep rocks on Seguichi point, Sherman's point, Sherman's mud flat, Rockpile Flat, Brown's Point, 7 Mi Flat, and some other spots I didn't catch. He said the perch are hitting on the deep rocks.

hip_hop_fisherman

Eddy's been busy out of Lyback's this week and has an excellent road system to all kinds of structure. rocks, mud, gravel, take your pick. he's even got roads following break lines to make things easier.

The Cranker

It took us all morning but we finally found the JUMBOS!!! 22ft to 26ft of water just off the Doe Island Reef. The JUMBOS are in deeper water as we caught smaller perch in the shallower water.

The weather is UNBELIEVEABLE!!! You better get up here and fih these GIANT JUMBOS! Its going to be a great month of fishing here on Mille Lacs!

We have around 5 miles of roads gouing from Cedar Creek along Doe Island Reef and In the Bay.

See ya up here at Mille Lacs Lake!!!

I will post pictures later today.

Fish On!!!