Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Yeti

Brooklyn Center. Possible Stadium site??

7 posts in this topic

Look up 'twins stadium brooklyn center' in your search engine. First article is from the Mn Sun newspaper.. interesting.

Not gonna happen....she'll be built downtown right where it's planned...

I know its too late, and I know my personal opinion don't mean a hill of beans to the politicians, but I always thought a GREAT place for the Twins stadium would be right on the river, Minneapolis or St Paul side, I don't care. The reason I like this idea is like in San Francisco- make a water bound home run kind of cool and special. Make it like 500 feet out, put either the right or left field wall out there. PS- to pay for a retractable roof- put a toll road up on 94 and Hwy 36, make the Wisconsin people that come over for jobs, but want cheaper housing pay for it.

this would be way out in nowhere land. Its going to be downtown.

Brookdale shopping center is in nowhere land? It's only 5 minutes north of where their talking about putting the stadium now.

This site would be like the old Met. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to tailgate before games in the parking lot again?

I agree building in the outer parts of the metro would have its bennifits, such as- tailgating, and extra parking, and if they build it in places other then downtown it would be easier to get to, meaning less downtown traffic, drive in and drive out. They would put a rail system in , Im sure! But it will never happen, it will be built where they have plans to do it now, and in 10 years they will be whinning they need a new one built in a better and bigger area, I thought alot of it had to do with parking revenue, they still wont be getting that, building where they have plans now.

Personally, I think they got the location right, a downtown stadium with the skyline background will be awesome. Plus you have great after-game entertainment right there by Target Center. Now they just need to get this land deal worked out, so they can start building. However, If they don't put a retractable roof on the stadium they are nuts. If they don't put one on right away, I can guarantee they'll have one on within the first 10 years at about 3x the original cost to the tax-payers.