Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icemac33

Rogers and access fees

2 posts in this topic

I wanted to throw a big thank you out to Rogers for last Sunday. It was pretty easy to grump about the access fees all winter if that was the way you are. I have never complained about them as it is one less thing I have to worry about when I get to the lake. After driving all over the lake the last couple times it was a hellacious dose of reality to get up Sunday morning and step out into snow over my boots and not be able to see anything on the ice surface but a nice white blanket.We started shoveling out the 4' drift at the hitch and generally not trying to think about the fact that we were screwed(had everything to stay a couple more days except bait confused.gif). We had finally gotten hooked up after some drift busting when Jerry appeared out of nowhere. He was about a 1/2 mile off and we willed him to head our way and he made the long loop over. He plowed right up to the front of both trucks. A little wave and he was gone.I store my shack at Rogers and that is the access we have taken each time this winter. The access and storage fees for the last couple years paid off in one instance.Thanks to Rogers and I will have the daughter up this weekend for her first trip to Red. Hopefully pull a couple crappies up the hole. By the way, have your buddy check your truck to make sure you packed the tow strap, and then you check his truck to make sure he packed his. Otherwise you might be staring at each other when you get your truck and wheelhouse buried up to the frame in rough ice. Its not as much fun as it sounds.

The road keepers up there are good folks. They put a lot of work in to make our free time that much more enjoyable.

From North side to South side, cheers to all who clear our paths nd help us when in need.

I'm glad you got help. Next time buy an extra scoop just in case grin.gif