Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gunflint

Honda Outboard Prices

Question

gunflint

I don't know what it is about googleing boat and motor prices but I always seem to end up with a bunch of sites that I can't make heads or tails of. Does anyone know what a new 25hp Honda goes for? I'm guessing around $4000

15 answers to this question

1DIRTBALL

I see what you mean gunflint. When I tried doing some searching for you, I gave up in frustration. You will probably have to contact your nearest Honda dealer, which is Beaver Bay Sports in Beaver Bay. I think your guess of $4,000.00 is pretty close. Good luck! grin.gif1DIRTBALL wink.gif

Fishing Junky

Hey Gunflint. Last Oct. I purchased a boat package. I put a Honda 30hp with t/trim on the boat and the agreement shows a price of $4300. Longshaft electric start. Of coarse I usually take it in the shorts, as I'm not a very agressive wheeler/dealer. grin.gif The motor is on '06. Hope this helps. Junky.....

gunflint

That does help. Sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal. Are you happy with the Honda?

Fishing Junky

I had a huge smile on my face the whole 1.5 hrs that I got on it. Then winterized it and put it to sleep for the winter. It is the same size and dimensions as the 25hp by the way. wink.gif Aperently the saleman sold me the 30hp for the same price as a 25hp. Nice guy. grin.gif I wouldn't be with a motor without trim/tilt, worth the extra money to me to have. It has a nice little roar/grumble to it too. grin.gif The tiller handle is really nice too. If you leave me your email, I'll send ya some pics of it that I took before storage. I have been a yammy guy for years and traded in my yammy 25hp fourstroke ptt. I think I'm gonna like this one better. Let me know about the pics if your interested Mark. Junky......

gunflint

I would like to see them.

Fishing Junky

Hey Mark. Pics sent.

gunflint

What a nice rig. In case you didn't know, my specialty is helping anglers (such as yourself) break-in their new rigs during the uncomfortable break-in period. Let me know if you would like some help in this area. cool.gif

Fishing Junky

LOL. Thanks Mark. I'm afraid this ones gonna be broken in on the St. Louis River tryin' to beat Northlander in the water. Keep an eye out though, she'll be up the Gunflint also. grin.gif Let me know if you have any more ????. Junky...

Northlander

Nobody beats Northlander into the river, nobody. grin.gif

You get rid of that kicker yet?

Fishing Junky

Quote:

Nobody beats Northlander into the river, nobody.
grin.gif
Ya, that's what I figured.
grin.gif
Won't be far behind ya though.
wink.gif

You get rid of that kicker yet? Unfortuntatly yes. Didn't want to sell it, but things came up, and out it went. Gonna hit the river more this year than in years past. Still gonna hit the Gunflint and lookin' forward to it. Good luck this year to ya North. Junky....

slotlimit

Why would anyone want a new honda, yamaha, Merc, etc? From what I can see an E-Tec is the only way to go for new motors.

gunflint

I wouldn't mind a E-Tech at all, but they only go down to 40 hp. A motor that big would cause all the wildlife in the BDUB to die from global warming. smirk.gif

slotlimit

Guess it's true you learn something everyday. I have never seen the need to get a smaller motor/kicker. The 90 horse and a drift sock get me down to the speeds I need if it's that windy. My trolling motor works under any other conditions.

Down Deep

Gunflint

While you are at it, price out a jack plate lift for the 25. Last June I was up in Alaska and our guide had one. He had a 20 foot aluminum Willy boat (about the same size as a 20 foot Lund Alaskan) Using the jack lift really increased the speed on that unit.

gunflint

That sounds very interesting. Looks like I'll be doing some searching tonight, thanks.