Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
polarsusd81

A question for LOTW

3 posts in this topic

A buddy an I are coming up to the lake on March 16-18 along with a few of the guys he works with. We are staying at a motel in the Wheeler's Point area. I was looking at the reg book today, and it says for Four Mile Bay, the walleye/sauger limit is 2 and anything over 19.5" must be returned to the water.

My question is this. When we go out from wheeler's point, the area from there to Pine Island, is that considered Four Mile Bay, or is Four Mile Bay on the north side of Pine Island? I am just curious, cause I kinda wanted to try all over and move around a bit, but if fishing on the south side of the island means 2 fish, then I will make sure to go over to the other side. Could one of our many experts please chime in and help me out?

The area to the south and east of Pine is Four Mile Bay. Although you can't keep anything over 19.5", this is a good area to catch and release a true trophy walleye as the spawn starts to kick in. And by the way I am no expert.

Thanks,

That is exactly what I thought. When do they start to move down to 4 Mile Bay? Is March 16-18 going to be a good time to fish in there for the pigs or is that too early? This will be the first trip up for my buddy and me so we really look forward to doing some exploring. If they will be in the 4 mile bay area at that time, what would be some good depths to look for them in?

Tom