• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Help Me Dietz! (Shimano reel ???)

TurnUpTheFishing

Question

I own several Citicas already and like everything but the size. I thought about getting one of the Curado 100dsv but started comparing it to the new Citica 100dsv. My question is What do I get for the extra $80 I would spend on a Curado over the Citica? On paper they appear to be the same reel. Well, the Curado has the extra bearing and Septon handle but is that worth $80?

Thanks for any help.

4 answers to this question

Ok, you are correct that they are very similar. They will have different handles I believe as you stated. The frames are made of a different metal. The Curado is alum, the Citica is an alloy of some sort, the Curado frame would be better then, and heavier.. yet they do other things to actually make it lighter, so its .1 oz lighter. The Curado also has a Dartainium drag which is more consistant and smooth.

So, for $80 you get slightly lighter,stronger frame, 1 more ball bearing, and a better drag.

I hope this helps you out. If you have more questions feel free to ask, Otherwise I will be working at the Cabelas in Rogers on March 16-17-18.

Thanks for the help Deitz. Its appreciated. Though Ive been looking on the Shimano website and it appears that both models have the dartanium drag systems. With them being so similair I guess im leaning towards the Citica but part of me still wants to get that Curado.

oopsy, your right, the Citica does have the Dartanium drag as well.. so your really looking at .1oz lighter and a stronger frame. Thats it!