Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
youngie22

Navionics

10 posts in this topic

I am wondering if any body has used the Navionics platinum map card before??? I can not find to much information on this product. The premium is what I think most people run and thats what I can find some information on. Looking at purchasing one of these products in the next couple weeks. Please let me know all that you can. Thanx

any word out there? Is the platinum for chartplotting only, or what is the differences.

Isn't the Platinum for coastal waters?

I saw 2 chips for MN, a upper and a lower chip. can't seem to get a hold of any one at navionics for a good answer. I would like to know what all is out there before I go ahead and make a purchase.

2 chips for MN?. . I have the 2006 Navionics Premium Chip in both my handheld and Boat unit. I really like it.. and cant see fishing without it. I will definatly be trading one of my chips in for the 2007 version!

that is what i found not sur if it is right or what it may have, I thought it sounded a little sketchy. THink that '07 chip will probably work for me. Wonder what the heck it is though. confused.gif

Navionics Premium 06 or 07 is what most guys are using.

If your looking for lake maps then thats the one you want.

Yes I would agree, unless this is a bigger and better, or latest thing. wink.gifgrin.gif... I think that you guys are right that is probably the best thing to get. thanx again for the help.

Quote:

I am wondering if any body has used the Navionics platinum map card before??? I can not find to much information on this product. The premium is what I think most people run and thats what I can find some information on. Looking at purchasing one of these products in the

next couple weeks. Please let me know all that you can. Thanx

I was in Gander MT and they have a nice booklet on Navionics. Point your browser at http://navionics.com/PremiumLakeList_07.asp?RegionID=1 For a list of lakes available. The lakes in red are the high detailed maps. The other maps in black are copies of DNR maps and not as accurate but a good starting point. The maps with a * are also available in Hotmaps USA. Hot maps has 3000 maps and premium has 8000 according to the booklet.

I have run Garmin GPSs for a number of years and believe they have really missed the boat by not using Navionics Maps in their units.

It looks as though the Navionics chip won't work in any of the Garmin hand held GPS models but they will work in the Lowrance iFinder hand held GPS models. I'm was kicking around purchasing a Garmin GPS instead of a Lowrance but now my mind is made up about purchasing the Lowrance iFinder Expedition C.