Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lindylittlejim

Snow

7 posts in this topic

Anyone been out to see how much snow is on the lakes? I heard Hutch had 17.2", on top of the 15" they had last week. Thats alot of weight on that ice. I suspect some people will be stuck getting onto the lakes. Anyone have a fishing report for the area? good luck!

With all this snow, I would guess that my season is done. Time to get the boat out and head to the river for some eye fishing. smile.gif

I drove down to Marion a little bit ago and there is a lot of snow out there. There is also an open water/slush hole at the access. Too much for an ATV right now but by the end of the week it should melt down some and compact a little to maybe give it a go.

Pulled the house off Belle on Wednesday. There was 12" then, so probably a little more than that now. It would be about 2 feet deep if we'd a had no wind.

I kept 7 perch and 6 crappies and threw back some smaller perch and 2 walleyes last week. Is it driveable on lakes with all this snow or would next week be better?

Matt, I havent been out since I saw you that day. I'm going out tomorrow somewhere. Plan on walking out. Good luck!

Drove up to Belle to check it out and found that the parking area hasn't been plowed and there is only one driveway open to the enter the access. Anyway, thought I was safe staying up a little higher in the lot and got high-centered and stuck when attempting to turn around. shocked.gif A little shoveling and some manuevering and I was free once again. It's deeper than it appears....not to mention some ice underneath the snow. grin.gif