Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blueroof

Wilcraft in deep snow

11 posts in this topic

Cranker or anyone, how does a Wilcraft handle 16+" of snow with two guys and gear?

Thanks.

Cranker wont be around for a day or so. I would say from my usage of the Wilcraft that with 16 inches you may have a problem unless you have the track system on. It may also depend on the snow. Powder or heavy wet stuff that pulls hard. When I used it on Burntside this winter and was driving in 6-8 inches it was not to bad but slower. You will probably need to drive in low range with the dif. locked.

I have not had the chance to use the tracks on back so I cannot say how well that will work but it should sure help.

With the differential locked? arn't these only 2 wheel drive ?

889hxREfzCRCpq3bkMpfxUCvlKS2W2Q30300.jpg

Tracks are the only way to go. Above image is the only way my neighbor's and I got out of our driveways this morning. After the plow truck finally came through this morning, it left a 4' hard packed berm. None of my neighbor's snowthrowers could get through. They keep blowing belts. I found that a Wilcraft dealer is in zimmerman. I have not gone to their web sit yet, so I do not even know how much they start at.

Yes with it locked it is two wheel drive. Now, if you set the front end up just a little higher than the rear drive you can skim over the top with the front to some degree. That will help you through the deeper snow.

Mr. Harvey,

Do you know how much the Wilcraft starts price wise at. I have seen them in use and have been intrested in them for about a year and half now.

Thanks,

SHACKBASH

I believe they are in the area of 10 large. Bill

Donh hold me to this but if I remember correctly this is approx what they run.

Basic Wilcraft---10,500

insul cover------ 300

auger holder --------50

Wilcraft cover------500

Track option------3,500

Now they did have some 1 year old and trade in models awhile back and I think they were around 7,900.

When I rode with one of the guuys form wilcraft they said the base model is $9800. Of course tehn there are all the nice options that HL listed to sweeten the deal.

Without the diff locked in the Wilcraft it is a one wheel wonder. Lock the diff and you're spinnin both rear wheels. It actually works really well without the diff locked. Lots of guys put studs in the tires to help get more traction.

Thanks Mr. Harvey for price est. list. Gives me and idea of what possibley i might be in for next year.

Thanks,

SHAKBASH

Tom,

That is pretty acurate. For anyone looking to buy or any info on the Wilcrafts go to www.thewilcraft.com

Fish On!!!