Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Foss

Ely snow report

5 posts in this topic

Well, happy campers, looks like the easy going on Bside is done for the last couple weekends of laker season.

We got four inches of light snow last weekend, and we've already gotten five more of heavier stuff from late last night through this morning, with some more expected this afternoon. Also, it's all getting blown and drifted from strong winds.

Only 4x4 full-size vehicles should probably consider Bside OK to travel on, and the lee sides of islands will be too socked in even for those. I'd guess wheelers, even with chains, will be a thing of the past.

I reckon it's snowmobile time! grin.gif

is the access on the vic van plowed? planing to park the car down there on sun.

I don't know if the public landing at Van Vac is plowed or not, but I think it likely will be. Van Vac Road gets plowed by the county guys pretty quickly, so the lot should get it too. But if it's not, you can just pull up alongside the road and park if you have to.

Great Outdoors, any idea when Van Vac gets plowed?

Steve

It wasn't plowed tonight when I drove by at 4:30, looked like some drifting along with the 8-9 inches we got. It may be tomorrow some time, but don't expect it until Monday. I don't know if the same driver is plowing it as before. He was very good. Call me at the shop around 7:30 or so, I'll look when I drive by and let you know if anything has changed. If I have time, I'll take a swipe up and down the hill, but won't have time to play with the lot.

thanks guys, it doesn't matter if i park at the top or bottom. had good luck off of the access this year.