Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mudflap

Limited Travel on Lake?

12 posts in this topic

This make be a stupid question, can a truck still veture out off the plowed roads on the lake after this storm?

I'd like to come up this afternoon, but concerned about limited lake access.

Thanks, Mudflap

Ha Ha Ha ha ha aha.. whew! grin.gif

Donk,

Obviously, snow depths varied throughout the state. We didn't get as much as forecasted. Travel was much worse last week.

I was being serious about hitting the lake.

Sorry buddy, I guess if you go to try it, bring a shovel, or maybe a snow blower... Read some posts from before, and I think you'll get the hint. If you are lucky, you may find an area where the snow has been blown down to 6-8", and drive in there, OFF THE ROAD, and pull the stuff from there.

With the wind and such I'm sure they're having a lovely time trying to get things plowed. I'm heading up that way sunday or monday. I'm hoping things will have settled down a bit by then.

Right now it is the wind that is the problem, we only got just a few inches of snow from this storm, it is the snow from last week that is the problem. I just pulled my plow trucks off the lake for today, it was useless to even try, the wind would blow the road shut within 20 minutes. Tomorrow the wind should lay down enough to get back out there again, off road travel then should be fairly easy, most of the snow that was on the lake will be on shore or in big piles, I hope this helps.

Thanks for the update that helps me a ton. I will be up there tomorrow for some fun!!!

grin.gif

Mudflap, Are you growing cautious in your old age now or what. If I remember not to long ago you were jumping cracks with the old ford.

is hillmans working on plowing a road out to where it was last weekend?

how about out of JRs? Colby Hoods houses were a ways out last wekeend... will there be a road out that far?

When the wind goes down, the roads will start to be cleared.

Surprisingly it looks pretty good for cross county travel. Granted I viewed most of it through frosted over plow truck windows but alot of bare ice was showing. With a 4X4 and good sunshine to avoid the big drifts it looks like you can go most anywhere.

Thanks everyone....

Jigger, The crack jumping was unintentional.

I was racing a GPS battery going dead to a designated spot. Not paying attention, we hit a perfect ramp doing about 45 mph hard enough to get my 14 year old boy to scream like a little girl.

Since he got his permit, I'm sure he's tried to beat my distance record with the rust bucket.